I hope that you all had a great Christmas with your loved ones, I certainly did.
As we say goodbye to 2014 and look forward to 2015 I wanted to take a minute and reflect back on the past year. To say I learned a lot is an understatement; it was also a year with a lot of changes and good memories.
One of this years best lessons for me was that I should not be afraid to do new things and meet new people as I talked about here. I really pushed myself and made a conscious effort to say yes even if I was nervous; I am glad that I did. If I hadn't pushed myself then I probably would not have started this blog and it is what I am most proud of in 2014.
One of the harder lessons I learned this year was coming to terms with the fact that not everybody is going to like me and being okay with that. I am the type of person that tries to solve any issues that someone may have with me as soon as possible and move on in a positive way, but it does not always end with a heartfelt apology, a friendship and invites to their wedding (you know who you are...I miss you.) I am not everyone's cup of tea and I am going to keep being me and if you do not like that, it is not a reflection on me.
I have never liked "New Years Resolutions" as there is too much pressure to try and not break them, but I think it is important to set goals for yourself at the beginning of the year. I have a few that I would like to accomplish or happen in 2015.
1. Write at least one blog post a week.. I was putting too much pressure on myself to post 4 or 5 days per week and I had no idea what to write about for that many days.
2.Travel somewhere this year that I have not been.
3. Run at least three races (I ran two in 2014 and think I can do more as long as I train properly)
4. Give back in a big way at least twice over the year. In 2015 I want to be more active in volunteering and helping others out. If anyone has suggestions of something I can do, let me know!
5. Stop snacking after 8 o' clock
6. And finally, really start budgeting my money better and put money away just in case.
I would like to thank my friends, family, strangers and those that inspire me for being so supportive of this blog..more to come in 2015!
I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Years Eve and that 2015 is filled with great memories and lots of laughs.
What are your goals for 2015 or some of your favorite memories of the year?