Tomorrow is my 26th birthday and while that is slightly daunting, I am excited to see what the next year has in store! In honor of this, I thought I would make a list of 25 things that I have learned in the quarter of a century I have been alive. Some of these are personal lessons and others are things I have learned from others. I hope that you enjoy!
1. It is not important to fit in. If others do not accept you for who you are, that is not a reflection on you; people that do accept you will come along eventually.
2. Magic erasers are not meant for your skin.
3. Motion sickness sucks, travelling and the experiences that come with it is worth it.
4. Your parents are people too, they also make mistakes and are not always right.
5. Not everyone is going to like you, accepting this and moving on is what is important.
6. Invest in one really good dress.
7. Say yes to opportunities that will allow you to have different experiences and meet new people.
9. Surround yourself with like-minded and positive individuals that support, encourage and challenge you.
10. It is important to set goals with yourself, it keeps you inspired and moving forward.
11. Don't waste time on people that have no time for you.
12. When shopping online, especially on a site like ASOS put things into the save for later tab, chances are it will go on sale eventually.
13. Do not settle for less. It is difficult to let something or somebody go, but it will be worth it in the long run if it is holding you back or making you unhappy.
14. Do not cut your own hair unless you actually know what you are doing, trust a professional.
Smile. Hold the door open. Pay it forward. You never know what kind of day someone is having and how doing something small can change it.
16. Fill in your eyebrows.
17. Reading does not make you a nerd, books can give you perspective and inspiration when you least expect it.
18. It is important to be prepared.
19. Everyone has gone through an awkward phase at some point in their lives.
20. In a relationship, it is good to have differences in the things you enjoy so you can bounce ideas off of each other and broaden your horizons. It is also important to have individual goals and dreams so that you can support one another through them.
21. There is no such thing as too many candles.
22. If you are uncomfortable in a situation, it is okay to leave or to say no. Do not stick around because you feel badly or because you are afraid to hurt someones feelings.
23.Dress for yourself and not for others; wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.
24. Do not let others make important decisions for you. Ask for advice from those that are close to you but do not let them manipulate your decisions.
25. Tell the people that you care about how much they mean to you as often as possible. You will not always have the opportunity to let them know.
26. (For good luck)